About Us › Frequently Asked Questions
How do we check in?
To check-in, please contact us to arrange a mutually convenient time to meet at the property and obtain keys.
What are the requirements for bringing my pet?
- Current rabies tag
- Current flea medication such as Frontline, Advantage, etc.
- Housebroken and/or crated
- Leashed at all times
- Will not dig in flowers
- Will not lay on furniture or bed
- Will not scratch/chew doors, floors, and furniture
- Owner agrees to clean up all pet waste
What is provided?
- Bed linens, towels, robes, starter rolls of toilet paper and paper towels.
- Trash bags for inside trash cans and outside trash cans
- Dish washing detergent for dishwashers and dish washing soap for hand washing dishes
- Hand washing soap in the kitchen and each bathroom
- Limited supply of firewood in season
- Propane gas to gas grills (all grills are connected to their large house tank).
What do you recommend bringing with us?
- Sturdy shoes for walking/hiking/wading
- First Aid Kit and all needed medications
- Bathing suit, beach towels, sunscreen
- Long handled lighters for lighting fires, grills, etc.
- Aluminum and plastic wraps, ziplock bags, etc. for storing leftovers
- Laundry detergent if you intend to wash clothes
- Frisbees/discs for the disc golf course
Do we need to bring our own firewood or can we purchase it there?
We provide free firewood for use in the wood stoves and fireplaces. Since burning wood in our wood stoves off-sets our use of fossil fuels, we provide as much as you care to burn.
If you plan to burn wood in one of our five outdoor fire pits, we provide 20 pieces at no charge. If you need more there are four options: (1) bring your own; (2) forage our woods for downed, dry wood (feel free to bring an axe or saw and use at your own risk); (3) purchase campfire wood from us (let us know how much you plan to use), or (4) purchase from a local vendor.